Is the Cuisinart processor the best food processor for your kitchen? Well, in this regard there is a lot to think about. Below you’ll find details of the specification, design and both pros and cons, to help you decide for yourself.
- 14-cup lexan work bowl, extra-large feed tube, small and large pushers
- Stainless-steel slicing disc, shredding disc, chopping blade
- 720-watt large-capacity food processor with intuitive “on” and “off/pulse” buttons
- Spatula, instruction/recipe booklet, dishwasher-safe parts
- Product built to North American electrical standards
It has a neat, minimalistic design and has a reasonably small footprint, considering this machine has a 14 cup capacity.
The metal chopping/mixing blade works for chopping raw and cooked fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, poultry, cheese and nuts. Some of the many foods you can prepare include butter, mayonnaise, sauces, dips and hummus. You can mix pastry, cake batter, cookie dough, frostings, quick breads, biscuits and muffins.
The plastic dough blade is for mixing and kneading bread dough. If your recipe calls for more than 3 1/2 cups of flour, the plastic blade will work more efficiently than the metal chopper blade, so be sure to use this.
This food processor does not have a specific speed setting for dough, but most people find that the pulsing works very efficiently. No matter what brand or model you decide to purchase, the extra cost of a machine with a dough speed setting probably isn’t worth it, unless that is your main reason for buying the processor.
The slicing disc can be used for slicing whole fruits and vegetables, cooked meat, semi-frozen raw meat, and mini bread loaves.
Finally, the shredding disc will process vegetables, as well as most form or hard cheeses. You could also process chocolate to a grated texture, if you so wish.
- The bowl capacity is huge. Ideal for large batches of food.
- Even though it isn’t the most powerful machine on paper at 720 watts, it is hugely powerful and processes everything with ease.
- Modern design. It looks great.
- Most attachments are dishwasher safe.
- The lid does not always latch on properly.
- Very heavy and hard to lift.
- The main blade mechanism can often be hard to clean.
- Every part has to be lined up or click in place before the machine will start.
- If you press the on button too many times in a row, it automatically shuts off for 5 minutes.
In terms of power, this machine is going to be hard to beat. It is large and very powerful, looks beautiful and seems to perform every task with ease. It pretty much has an attachment for every use in the kitchen, so you could replace some of your other gadgets with this processor, and according to Mrs FoodPrep, this is one of the best processing machines available.
A point to note is that replacement parts are expensive, so be sure to buy an extended warranty with parts and labor included.